Thyro Complex is designed to provide thyroid support and was formulated by well-known naturopath Martin Budd, ND. It is a synergistic blend of vitamins, minerals, amino acids and herbs. The formula includes selenium and iodine, which are minerals that both contribute to normal thyroid function, and l-tyrosine, one of the raw materials from which thyroid hormones are made.
Thyro Complex contains the following:
• Iodine and selenium which support the normal production of thyroid hormones and thyroid function.
• Amino acids tyrosine (used to make thyroid hormones T3 and T4), phenylalanine and l-carnitine.
• Kelp, a natural concentrated source of bio-available iodine, which supports the normal production of thyroid hormones and thyroid function.
• B vitamins such as niacin, riboflavin and vitamin B6, which all support energy-yielding metabolism and the reduction of tiredness and fatigue.
• Vitamin C, magnesium, manganese, calcium and copper also contribute to normal energy yielding metabolism.
• Vitamin B6 which contributes to the regulation of hormonal activity.
• Liquorice, an adaptogenic herb with a history of traditional use going back to ancient times. It works across many body systems, and may help to maintain energy levels.
How do the thyroid gland work? The function of the thyroid gland, explained in the simplest terms, is to take iodine from certain foods, in order to convert it into thyroid hormones, such as thyroxine (T4) and triiodothyronine (T3). The thyroid cells are the only cells in the body that can absorb iodine. In these cells iodine is combined with the amino acid l-tyrosine to make T3 and T4. T3 and T4 are then released into the bloodstream where they are transported throughout the body where they control our metabolism (which is the conversion of oxygen and calories from food into energy).
Thyroid hormones also play a role in regulating the digestive system and the heart, muscle control, brain development as well as the maintenance of bone.
Thyro Complex is a vegetarian formula and is an ideal alternative to glandulars.
Each tablet typically contains:
Vitamin C (ascorbic acid)
Vitamin E (d-alpha tocopheryl succinate) (100 IU)
Vitamin B6 (pyridoxine HCl)
Vitamin B3 (niacin)
Vitamin B1 (thiamin mononitrate)
Vitamin B2 (riboflavin)
Vitamin A (retinol acetate) (2500IU)
*µg RE = micrograms retinol equivalents
1-3 tablets daily before food, or as directed.
This product contains vitamin A. Do not exceed 750µg of vitamin A (as retinol) per day if pregnant or likely to become pregnant except on the advice of a doctor or antenatal clinic. Do not take if suffering from phenylketonuria (PKU) (phenylalanine). Do not take if suffering from Wilson’s disease (copper). Consult with a medical doctor if taking thiazide diuretics (liquorice). If pregnant, breastfeeding, taking any other kind of medication or have a medical condition, consult a healthcare practitioner before using this product.
Nutri Advanced supplements should not be used as a substitute for a varied diet and healthy lifestyle. Results may vary between individuals.